230 g skirt steak
500 g baby spinach
1 red chilli, finely chopped
100 g kimchi
For the dressing
2 limes, juice only
Knob of ginger, grated
½ tsp sesame oil
4 tsp soy sauce
3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. The day before cooking, sprinkle meat with peppercorns, transfer to fridge and marinate for 24 hours.
2. Just before cooking, season the steak with a generous amount of salt. In a griddle pan over a high heat, cook the meat. Grill 4 minutes on either side. Remove from heat and rest for 3 minutes.
3. For the dressing: combine lime juice, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy, drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, add spinach, coriander, red chilli and kimchi. Dress the salad and mix gently until combined. Season to taste.
5. Cut the steak into strips length wise against the grain. Arrange strips on top of salad, squeeze over fresh lime juice. Serve with steamed rice.