1 small raw green papaya
1.5 tsp palm sugar
1 small hot red chilli
5 French beans, chopped
2 tbsp unsalted peanuts
1 tbsp dried shrimps
1 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp tamarind water
5 small tomatoes, quartered
0 1 limes, juice only
handful coriander, roughly chopped
1. Peel the papaya and finely shred it on a mandolin into long, thin shreds. Work your way around the fruit until you get to the core and seeds (which you should discard). If the slices are too long, cut them in half.
2. Put the tamarind, palm sugar, peanuts and shrimps into a mortar and lightly bash with the pestle.
3. Add the fish sauce and tomatoes and gently mix everything together in the pestle and mortar.
4. Put the julienned papaya in a bowl. Add the contents of the pestle and mortar and mix altogether with a fork.
5. Plate the salad and sprinkle with the chopped coriander.